FIVE WAYS TO HAVE MORE ENERGY YOU MIGHT NOT HAVE THOUGHT OF
Everyone knows that if you have a healthy diet and exercise you'll have more energy. Stress and sleep are other obvious factors that affect energy levels.
You can hire a personal trainer, nutritionist or life coach to help you get a handle on these things, but in the meantime, there's some simple things you can do to have more energy that you might not have considered!
SIMPLE TIPS TO HAVE MORE ENERGY
Think about your energy levels like your bank account; you're making withdrawals constantly, so you need to be constantly thinking of ways to keep it above zero.
- Make sure your nasal cavity is clear. So many people are chronically clogged up in at least one nostril, which causes you to breath through your mouth more often. Air drawn in from your nose is warmer and better filtered, and over time, being able to breath properly from your noise will give you more energy. Steam rooms are a great way to clear up, but go see your doctor if this is a chronic issue.
- Walk as much as possible, and always take the stairs when reasonably possible. You're going to be walking and taking stairs sometimes whether you like it or not, and when you're constantly avoiding these things, they're going to drain you when they do come up. Walking should require almost zero effort. If it does, you need to practice so it doesn't.
- Try and increase your tolerance to cold. Especially in the winter, we almost inevitably go to far with heat in our homes, cars or offices. Just like a hot summer day, it often makes us lethargic and drains our energy. It also makes it so that when we do go outside, it feels far colder than it should, meaning you probably won't be doing much walking outside (see above).
- Try warm water instead of cold. Cold water, though refreshing, has to be warmed up by our bodies. It's not a huge difference, but drinking room temperature water will, in theory, use up less of your energy to process.
- Put your phone down. Your brain requires energy to operate, and when it's being used for 18 hours a day to process pictures, video and text, that's not going to help you feel energetic. And this is on top of whatever else you have to deal with at work and elsewhere! Take a break from looking at people's fake pets, fake food, and fake lives for a while and you'll have more energy.
IF YOU WANT TO HAVE MORE ENERGY IT'S A FULL TIME JOB
In general, remember to be thinking of ways to save energy and create more all the time. Get creative, look beyond the obvious things like exercise and diet and you'll have more energy.
It's a game of inches, and the inches are everywhere!
HIGH POTENTIAL CAN HELP YOU HAVE MORE ENERGY!
If you want to have more energy and need a personal trainer or life coach in Vancouver or online, get in touch with High Potential today! Check out www.gethighpotential.com and book a free consultation.